Wednesday, December 28, 2016

reflections

Clare,

It was good to see you, and the extended family last weekend. I had a good time. I really mean that. For me there was a different feel to the gathering. I laughed and enjoyed myself. I wasn't sad or stressed out. It was a good feelings. I wish more of my brood attended, but it wasn't in the cards.

I'm trying to pull specific memories out to share, but it is all a blur. I did have a conversation with Papa…
he bragged about firing multiple doctors who have kept him waiting or who didn't give him the answers he wanted. He is so tough on people. I guess if you are in the home stretch of life you can be assertive and get what you want…
the problem is that sometimes you get exactly what you think you wanted and it turns out to be disappointing…
or hollow….
or unsettling.

Mom seemed to be in her glory…
surrounded by her kids, grands, and great-grands…
I had a realization that I am, once again, behind most of you all…
no grandkids and none on the horizon.
It's ok…
but they are so cute.

What are your impressions of the gathering?

My youngest is making poor choices again. I had approximately 3 weeks to be calm and now he's acting out. I don't want to rush time…
but it will be good when he's old enough to understand the repercussions of his actions and choices.

I have a very full week. I have a grant deadline. I'm organizing a 5K fundraiser, I had class last night, I'm going to a conference on Friday. I wanted to go to a conference onThursday- but have no time.
I am really looking forward to Sunday evening and breathing.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment