Saturday, December 31, 2016

resolutions

Clare,

I went to the gathering yesterday with my daughters and one of their significant others. It was small, S#5 and her husband and son, B#2, B#4, parents, my group. It was nice though- not a lot of high energy rushing. Papa looks better than I expected from the previous reports. He didn't move around very much- his hip is hurting. He did mention the pain meds were making him smile- that's a good thing. He joked with my girls about fishing and other superficial things. He did not call my oldest by his nickname for her. He did mess up my younger daughter's name- as usual...he puts an 'ie' on the end instead of 'ia'. Mom was quite happy to be with family. She and S#5 talked a lot about their fantasy football playing. I don't understand that.

Resolutions: I'm going to take better care of me this year.
more yoga
more meditation
more walking
better dietary choices- not a 'diet' but better choices
Is that selfish?

For my birthday I am going to Kripalu for the weekend with a friend. We are enrolled in a seminar about trauma healing. On of the presenters is an authority on healing trauma through body work- I've read his book and taken his course on line. The other is a therapist, singer-songwriter. She is doing a breakout session on expressing pain/healing through song. I am so excited! I'm watching the weather- I think Massachusetts gets a lot of snow. Yoga several times a day, natural healthy foods, spa, life will be good. I'm giving myself this present for turning 55.

I'm battling a cold...congestion, runny eyes, pink eye, fatigue...but I refuse to give in.
I think New Year's Eve is going to be spent napping and sleeping. Husband is on call so we don't have plans.

Blessings beautiful sister...
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment