Wednesday, December 28, 2016

interesting excursion

Clare,
I realize I did not publish my last post...
left it as a draft...
sorry.

I worked for a few hours today and then took my  young man to visit his family. They want to know why the younger brother isn't with me...
I tell them he doesn't want contract with us...
he's exercising his autonomy...
he doesn't want to rock his rickety boat of stability.

The young man and his Nana went to the kitchen to eat pie and the great-aunt (she's my age) asked me why he's no longer living with us...She said something about our "tough rules". I told her the true reason is because he doesn't want anyone to get too close. He wants his family- particularly Dad- to rush in and take him home. I explained that he was uncomfortable, even miserable, at my house because we do love him. All of the stuff about rules is an excuse. She seems to understand. She said that she can see that I care because I still stay in contact with him. It was good to be heard and seen by them. I gave the young man a journal, a sand dollar he brought back from NC (but left at the house), and a hoodie from his school's basketball team. He was very excited to get the hoodie especially.

I am supposed to go caroling tomorrow afternoon in a small town in the northern part of the county. We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow. It might be really beautiful! I went in another small town yesterday, it was quite interesting...
I'm not sure it is in the best of taste to give you the particulars of the excursion...
needless to say it was interesting.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment