Monday, August 24, 2015

stir the pot

Clare,

I think I will look up that poem on Google and read it in its entirety.
It sounds fascinating.

I have had an up and down day…
class went well…
I think I presented myself as tough but supportive…
willing to work with students…
to bring the best of each of them to the surface.
I got my ID reactivated…
which means my email works and my on-line board works to post lessons, announcements, etc.
I saw a few of my older son's friends on campus…
a reminder of his off-schedule journey.

I helped with my youngest's lunch again for football practice…
they had a rough scrimmage on Saturday so it was quite a sedate lunch.

I met daughter#2 this evening for a ride to pick up a car that had been serviced…
we chatted as we drove…
no dinner as we had planned…
I ate watermelon and toast instead.
Oh well, tomorrow evening is sling yoga and we go to that together.

Both boys have young ladies over tonight.
I'm trying to be present but not intrusive.

I'm not sure why I felt as if I needed to tell mom about my theistic faith…
I think I need to be honest and truthful…
not deceptive…
pretending to believe in things that no longer make sense to me.
I think I want others to at least take a good, long, contemplative look at their personal faith/spirituality…
not just live within the boundaries of the religious rules and dogma.
Maybe I'm trying to radically set her free…
or, maybe I just like to stir the pot.
Not sure which is true.

Love and Light Beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment