Tuesday, August 4, 2015

moving day

Clare,
I hope that your trip is going well. I saw from your daughter's post that you've arrived at your son's family's home. I hope the trip was interesting.

Today we moved my oldest from her college apartment. She has her stuff in storage temporarily. Next week we will complete the move and take it all to her grad school apartment. It was a very organized, efficient move…much like her.

Tonight I am taking both daughters to sling yoga…
they are both tired…
part of me thinks I should cancel…
but I think they will find it incredibly relaxing and stress relieving.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Last night I had a heated discussion with my youngest…
he refused to go to his athletic practice…
"they're not mandatory!" was his point…
mine was that if you're committed to a team- you show up.
Anyway, he expressed his sense of himself being successful and a "better athlete" than others.
I told him that I see him as struggling with school (3 high schools by junior year), grades, and his image…
I think I surprised him by offering criticism…
I hope it made him think.

Time to get ready for yoga.
Enjoy the west lovely sister.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment