Thursday, August 21, 2014

Too many questions

Clare,

I am glad that my son has chosen to attend a new school, but trying to find one with him absent is causing me enormous stress. I have stopped my reading and processing of our past behaviors because this is consuming me. It is my responsibility to have him ready for school when he returns- already 2 weeks into the term. And I am not getting much help from the program or my husband. Husband says thank you a lot, but there's no exploration. S#5 has offered to enroll him at her public school if we find no other options- so, at least I have a default plan. But, I don't want to send him away either…it's all very confusing and emotionally stressful for me.

I am trying to enroll him at the charter school that my daughter#2 attended, but he has to prepare an audition for them- I can't count on that option. I want to control this SO badly…and I can't.
I just have to listen, wait and trust.

My youngest is doing really well at his new school. He has joined a fall baseball team, associated with the school. His first game is Saturday morning. Husband took him his equipment last evening and he said that my son is so excited- exuberant was his description. I am thankful it is working out. My son made the decisions and initiated the move so it makes sense that he has a sense of ownership and is investing himself. It is a good thing. He has made friends with a young man from Hong Kong and several from Ethiopia…his life is very different than it was last week.

Tell me about the Woolman Semester. It is one thing that keeps coming back to me for my older son. Can he get a diploma? I remember your daughter saying it allowed her to complete her HS work, but how does that work?

Sorry, I am not a deep thinker today…
my mind is focused on details and questions.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment