Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Confusing

The younger one has already asked about being an exchange student. The older one maybe…I can ask that. He is seriously considering moving in with S#5 to complete HS in a totally new setting. I have 3 options for him to choose from at this point.

I travel to pick him up next week. I cannot wait to see him. He sounds amazing in his letters. I am so looking forward to visiting the desert again. It was beautiful. I'll let you know how that goes.

We are having a lot of trouble with my younger son's transition to his new school. He loves it, has made friends, but is really disrespectful to husband and I when we are picking him up or dropping him off. He seems to take out all of the anxiety on us. It's so confusing. I keep telling myself and husband that it will resolve itself once this becomes more routine, but I've had it with being cursed at. I walk away or tell him I'm hanging up the phone now because I will not be spoken to in that way. It's such a strange turn of events. He was so close and open when we were looking for his school, now it's like I'm Mommy Dearest…he shares the "love" equally with husband too. I know he's testing boundaries. I know he's focusing the anxiety on those he trusts most to not leave. I've asked him to write down topics he needs to discuss this weekend…and we can talk. I just hope he stays focused and we get to the heart of the issue(s).

I had an expansion today…it's rather uncomfortable…kind of like having your chest in a vice (or 2 vices). I didn't pre-medicate because I drove myself, so I'm feeling even tighter than usual. I should only have about 4 more of these and then I wait for two months and then implant surgery. It will be nice to be finished with reconstruction.

I'm so glad you are back. I saw a few pictures on Facebook- it looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to hear some of your stories.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment