Tuesday, August 26, 2014

thoughts and ideas before I left

Hi Maggie,

Sit down.  Take a deep breath.  Everything is happening as it should.  Way will open.  Get into your heart and trust.  And keep your eyes open for the right opportunity.

Woolman Semester is a 4 month program for high school juniors, seniors and kids in the gap year.  They run the program twice a year.  I highly recommend it, but I don't think it is what you are looking for right now.  I think the programs begin in August and January.  It is college level work.  It filled in some of the social studies and English requirements my youngest had to complete for homeschooling.  If I remember correctly, once she was home, she just had to complete one last math course.

My oldest homeschooled, and began taking 8 credits per semester at a local university when she was 16.  Would your son consider that?  Would that not be enough distance from the current situation?  My oldest was terribly busy while doing this work.

There is a Quaker Farm School in New Hampshire that I have heard good things about...A young man I know attended.  I'm not sure it's the best fit, but the isolation and the educational freedom might be just right.

I get on the bus again tomorrow afternoon.  I have a 9 hour layover in a major city.  Luckily, an old friend from college lives there, and so we will spend that time together.  I am not ready to leave here.  I always fit well with this family.  But I am missing home. My youngest is struggling, a lot because of her knee coupled with a very mobile baby.

I think I will have a lot to share once home...oh, and you told me to go for the naked in the hot springs thing...I did it.

I will be back Tuesday or Wednesday.  I love you.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment