Friday, August 8, 2014

Bon Voyage

I hope that you have a wonderful trip…
be safe…
check in with me when you get out there.

Did you send me an email this morning?
I tried to call you several times, sent and email and messaged Cecily.
If you need anything please just let me know specifically what you need.

My older son had several "bottom outs"…
he realizes that his brother is really alienated from him…
he thinks his decision to go away to school is his fault.
Luckily he has learned that each person os responsible for their own choices and actions…
but I'm not sure that he's letting go of the regret yet.

The other issue was my cancer.
He never wanted to listen or understand…
he just ignored it…
he was an ostrich…as my friend accurately called it.
He admitted to that he dreads the weekly letter delivery day because he expects to hear bad news about me and the cancer. He said just admitting that out loud made him feel so much lighter.
He just joined up with a band that has more experienced walkers…
and he is excited to learn from them…
he was also saddened because one of his band was so closed-hearted to the program that he had to leave the band…my son said the mood changed quickly after he was gone…and he expressed sadness that the other guy just couldn't open to the experience because he is having so many "awakenings".

I've asked him to begin to consider school when he returns…
whether he wants to return to the same HS or try a new school.
I've asked him to consider the pros and cons and then decide.

I hope that you have a  safe and interesting trip. I love you. I will try to write daily, and hope to meet you again here soon.
Bon Voyage,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment