Monday, March 20, 2017

persistent

Clare,

I do feel your tremendous strength...
but perhaps that courage is found in the persistent moving from day to day.
I have a wall decal in my bathroom that reads:

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.” Mary Anne Radmacher

I find myself looking at that quote, backwards through the mirror, first thing in the morning...
"I am trying", I tell myself. I put it on the wall prior to my young man coming to live with us...
assuming he needed that message in his bathroom.
Now I see that I need to be reminded each day.

Outright, roaring courage happens when it is necessary. But most days it is about courageous persistence.

I had a call from S#5 on Saturday, she is worried about Mamma D.
She is spending a lot of time in her room, not eating much, not wanting to talk or interact like usual. S#5 asked her to see a doctor and consider talking to someone about her losses. I think Mamma is going to allow her to set up an appointment and follow through. We have all been through a lot this year. 

I'm tired. My body feels 10 years older than it did last fall. I think that this is the 'season' of life that we are in. I worry about my own health now. Every pain reminds me that cancer may be lurking somewhere. I have pain in my right chest area- under the implant. My surgeon thinks its a neuroma- a tangle of nerves. Of course, I think it's a local recurrence. Minds are very creative when they are feeling less than ordinary. Minds are very creative when they have something to 'springboard' from.  My springboard is very springy right now.

Are you going to the southern wedding in April? I think husband and I are going down. We both need to get away for something lighthearted.
I've been texting with B#1's 2 middle daughters about basketball. They seem to be doing OK. I hope they reach out if they feel like they need help or support.

I watched Long Island Medium for the first time yesterday. I was too tired to actually get work done so I vegged in front of the TV. I was crying for the people receiving messages through the medium. Many got the answers that they were hoping for...a few got the answers they really needed.
I was wondering if I connected with Papa- through a medium- if I could ask him if this past lifetime with our relationship was a success. Neither of us killed the other during this life- that's a step in the right direction. But I wonder if we did it well enough to release the karma- learn the lessons- and move into a higher place. I should ask my reiki friend if she can connect us. I know she connects with her deceased husband periodically. I'm not sure why this is important to me, but it is a persistent question in my mind.
There's that word again- persistent...
it must be my word for the day.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment