Sunday, March 5, 2017

decompressing

Hi Maggie,

My computer had another moment of bewilderment.  Luckily, S#3 was here for her birthday this weekend, and when she asked if she could help, I asked her to make the laptop work. Which she did with great grace and dexterity!!!  But the computer is my excuse for not checking in with you for the past few days.

We had a tea party with all the grandchildren. It was a lot of fun. Then this morning she and her daughter went to look at a property about 20 minutes from here. First time out, and they found something perfect.  They are going to have it inspected, but a contractor owns it, and has apparently done great upkeep. Soon...let the negotiations begin!

But I ate a lot of junk food this weekend, and I can feel it. The older I get, the more aware I am when I put shit in my body.

It is synchronicity...exactly what we should expect...but I read an article this week that reassured women that the changes in hormones associated with menopause cause anxiety.  You are normal, menopause is just a bit of a challenge.

I remember when I was first married, my mother-in-law was really suffering from hot flashes. I had one. Only one! Just as it was fading, I figured out what is was...it was a rush!  My problems were with night sweats...blankets on/blankets off all night long, and the sensation that insects were walking on me. I hated that.  It was so freaky, I looked it up just to make sure it was normal.

You know, we just passed through two eclipses. Everyone is off. Everyone I know is having problems with electronics or cars or health or relationships. No one is settled and smooth right now.  when it happens to everyone, I know it is related to all of us, we are all changing.

Thank you for the details about SIL's death. I am still very aware of not knowing her, of knowing her better now because everyone has been talking about her, remembering her.

And I remain aware that I want us to change.  The last letter I sent to Dad was about being kind, being that family...somehow I don't regret that.

My house is totalled.  But it is quiet. I don't have the energy to do much, so...tomorrow.

I hope all is well with you.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment