Sunday, February 26, 2017

please share...

Clare,
Could you share that letter with me? Something in me wants to read it. I believe the cousin was one that we knew. She was very kind to us. She adopted 2 children that we also knew. I am fascinated by the violent lineage.
We should start to catalogue, or study, the face of early abuse. What it looks like. How it manifests without words...
played out through choices...
defiances...
abuses of ourselves and others.
What a study that would be.
I wonder if a survey would open that information up...
a survey with focused interviews to follow.

The suicide was a friend of mine's sister. I don't think I was clear in that post. I was dreading any texts from anyone...not specifically from S#3...I was overwhelmed by other's grief and needs on top of my own. My friend wants answers that no one can give to her...but she keeps asking me.

The memorial service was beautiful. 3 people, besides the preacher spoke. Two of our nieces spoke- one read a poem, the other brought forward family memories. They both spoke so beautifully and showed great courage. The other speaker was a young man, one of SIL's hearing impaired students. He is finished with school now and I believe at college. He was SIL's first hearing impaired student. He visited last Saturday to sit with her as she labored to breathe. He spoke of her protection from bullies and guidance with his school work. It was wonderful. I never saw that side of her. I saw her as a quiet, but judgmental woman. She made the young nieces feel badly by pointing out their clothing that she felt was too revealing. That is my daughters' memories of her...she would pull up their tops to cover any cleavage. It's an interesting memory for them to carry.

We are home now. Tired, but grateful that we had the opportunity to visit with family. I will sign off until tomorrow.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment