Saturday, February 11, 2017

extend...

Hi Maggie,

The latest news is bad.  Possible spread to brain.  S#3's daughter predicted that our sister-in-law would never leave the hospital.  She may be right.

I asked S#5, and she has never had more than a superficial conversation with S-I-L either.  She suggested S#4 might know her best because she lived with B#1 and his family while she was in school.

I have not seen much more of that family than at family gatherings where we are all rushed and crazy and a little over the top, and wearing our company manners.  I have talked to her over the years. She is always interested in what the kids are doing. She laughs easily. But I don't know her.

We should probably reach out to our other sister-in-law, learn from the mistake of this realization that we are losing a family member we don't even know.

I am connected to B#2's ex-wife. There was a natural affinity there from the first time we met.  But everyone else - we live so far apart, we don't function like family.  I don't know spouses.  I don't know nieces and nephews.  You, S#3, and B#4 seem to be the ones who show up at most family functions and have the strongest ties with everyone in general.

That is why is has been so cool to have this connection to you. To have the regular visits with S#3. I message regularly with S#5 now. I feel like I have family.

We need to extend somehow!

I just found out yesterday that someone I was very close to in high school has just been diagnosed with cancer. There was a lump in her abdomen. They checked...it has spread.  She doesn't want phone calls yet. She wants time until the next results are in.

I saw something this week that projected our species would b extinct by 2026.  The way cancer is spreading, along with bombing, death by pollution...more cancers as well as pulmonary deaths...it might be true.  I can't quite wrap my brain around that though.

Monday will be one month since Dad died.  S#5 says Mom has settled in, begun sewing.  The dog has become her companion. Life goes on, despite upsets and grief...

I look forward to seeing the family history. There is a possibility I may have it. I got a copy of a handwritten document from Mom's Aunt Mil. No matter, I will be grateful to get it!

Not much going on here. I have been sleeping better. Dreaming like crazy, but not quite remembering.  Starting a little side business to see if I can help generate a little more cash flow...

Sending love and hugs,

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment