Saturday, February 4, 2017

and...

Hi Mags...

Your opening inspired my leading to create friendship circles.

I wrote an email about the leading to my monthly meeting co-clerks, the clerks of my monthly meeting's Peace and Social Action committee, and our Ministry and Counsel committee, as well as my regional M&C comembers.  Only one Friend responded, saying he would hold this leading in the Light.

Being Quaker, I assume the others will respond after taking the idea before their committees.  Or, being Quaker, it will fall to the wayside as we deal with other business of the monthly meeting.

Being me, I regretted sending the email, and felt a little foolish, a little embarrassed.  I always seem to feel naive around other Friends.  It holds me back...

But...today...I was shopping in the local, little grocery store when I ran into a close friend. She retired as a music teacher, and started going to Divinity School.  She is still in school, but she has a small congregation in a small town near here.

She mentioned AVP and mentioned some local Friends by name. They were talking about doing some basic workshops, but my friend was worried about the 23 hour time commitment in one weekend. So I told her my idea.

Synchronocity maybe. Spirit led - usually.

She was talking about someone else wanting to create a circle of women, and asked how I felt about beginning this program for women only...just to begin.

I said, "If there is interest, I'm in!"

And so maybe the leading is being well tended and held.

Love and Light and even hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment