Friday, February 17, 2017

Drive safely

Hi Maggie,

I know you are driving. I wish you safe travels.

I talked to S#3 just before she left for your house... and she told me that B#3 stopped by Mom's and let everyone know, if we want a chance to see SIL, we have to go soon.  And so you are on your way...I love you.

This is going too fast. It is too much and it is not supposed to be now.  We are supposed to have time. We need time to adjust, time to get used to the last big change in the family. As S#3 said, she is our age...too young to die.

But B#3 said she seems to have given up. I talked to my older neighbor and she gently said, "Maybe she just knows it is time to go."

Is it ever time to go?

Why is does it seem like it is so easy for some, when others need to be dragged kicking and screaming to the other side?

You wondered what SIL was numbing with her two pack a day habit. Military family. Only daughter...with four brothers.  I have read that military families have higher than average episodes of domestic violence.

I don't know.

What I do know is she married into our family. We recognize dysfunction and we bond to those who either continue the familiar, or with whom we can break free of the patterns.

Still playing Tim McGraw in my brain..."Thinking 'bout sweet time..."

I love you. Travel safely. Give my love to B#1 and SIL.

Love and hugs from Clare






No comments:

Post a Comment