Wednesday, August 1, 2012

To read or not to read...it's their choice

Clare,

I actually think that forewarning S#3 is a decent idea...
she may choose not to log on...she may choose to remain in the dark...
but that would be a barometer for the rest of the family.
I think, though that once we commit to opening it to the family that it should be to all, even if not at the same time.

One of my favorite lines from a song says, "so long status quo, I think I just let go..."
No one likes change...no one wants to experience uncomfortable memories...
but, it is their choice...to read or not to read.
Perhaps we should present it with a disclaimer; warning-contents contain adult themes, for mature audiences only.

I also fear being ostracized...but I really felt that "reconnection" was a strong message...
and, call it cowardice, but I know that I am not ready for a face to face interaction yet...
I need to be more grounded and solid.

We have written our truths in this blog...
we have done so with the intention of love and growth...
it is good...
we are good.

The words are here for all to read...
others' interpretation of the words is not within our power.
we can only pray that they will read them in a mindset of love and forgiveness.
I am secure in the fact that I have written to heal...not hurt...
it is necessary and it was time.
Even if it takes others years to get around to reading this blog the words will still be powerful and healing. We have to surrender that control and accept what happens.

I like the image of Marco Polo in the swamp...and I will stand by you...hold your hand if necessary...we will find our way out.
So what do you anticipate encountering when you go west?

I have to run...the kids want to go to the county fair...
Love and Light,
Maggie

P.S. Remember the video?
Guilt is better than shame...
guilt says I made a mistake...shame says I am a mistake...
we are making progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment