Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Peaceful time

Clare,
Sorry for checking in late...husband and I had an appointment together this morning and it threw off my regular schedule...

So the family doesn't have to be all or none...interesting insight...
but it scares the hell out of me to think of negoitating through it while being vulnerable.
I put on my best plastic face when I am with our family.
Everything in my life is perfect...I am completely in control...I need nothing from anyone...

That all has to stop...
I have to allow myself to be seen...
transparent...
and potentially rejected...
again.

I am in awe of your artist who felt safe enough to just be himself...
I really am afraid of family connection and maintaining my commitment to no more lies...
no more secrets...
no more plastic face...
I will trust that when the time is right I will have the courage that I need to act wholeheartedly.

I have sections of my book to share with you...but right now there is a cat sleeping on my lap and it feels so incredibly comfortable that I will wait to do that tomorrow. I am goin to enjoy the peace.

I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment