Saturday, October 1, 2016

It's all reactions

Hi Mags,

I'm worried that you are having the AWOL week from hell this week.  I still feel like shit. I did however, take a strong herbal expectorant, and should be grateful.  It seems to be massively effectively!

My youngest got admitted to a Medical Assisting Diploma course today. She is so excited about life.  Her first class is 10 days after her surgery.  But being excited seems to have taken some of her attention away from her knee.

I had the baby overnight, so mama could have an early morning meeting.  We watched a  video about babies of the forest.  She likes animal documentaries a lot.  There was one scene that caught my attention.  A mama koala was climbing a tree, with her baby on her back.  She climbed into the crotch of two limb and put her hand around one of the limbs.  The baby climbed her, up over her shoulder, then flipped directions, and slid down in front of mama, so the baby's head was on the mama's chest, and the mama's head was nestled over the baby, sheltering her.

It was so sweet and safe.

I realized it was co-sleeping, or family bed. I held my infants in my arms all night long until they were at least a year old.  I read a lot about the family bed to justify my decision....just being a good hippy mama!!

Basically, I never made a decision. I just knew this was where they belonged.

Yesterday I finally made the leap. They slept in my arms because no one was going to touch them in the middle of the night, unless they came through me.

So many more of my parenting decisions did come in reflex to - to it different than they did. So much, that I can't see it all...

Anyway, I am finally alone. Something to eat. A movie. Early bed.

Love and hugs from Clare









No comments:

Post a Comment