Sunday, October 30, 2016

from desert to home

Hi Maggie,

We saw the zombie photos on social media. My oldest granddaughter was very impressed by your husband's zombie make up.  Very well done!  Glad to know the run was such a success.

Thank you so much for pointing out that Dad just doesn't know how to connect. It pulled me a few degrees away from believing he enjoys hurting people's feelings.  I want to be kind, and you pulled me to a kinder place.

I appreciate it very much!

It is hard to get past the in-your-face mean remarks.  I am not sure how long it will take my daughter to get to that point. I remember earlier this year it took me about three days to find a sweet memory about Dad.  Once we get to that point, it gets easier to find it...but at first it is like wandering, lost in the desert, trying to find a way home.

I have not had any response to my note.  I kind of expect not to get a response.  I think I just have to see how way opens and see if Dad talks to me.

My best friend invited me to brunch today.  We were very European, and spent about two hours, leisurely making our way through a delicious brunch.  Then she came here for tea, and we talked for another two hours.

It feels so good to connect.  It was such a gift on a dreary day to focus completely on someone I care about, and to listen to what she is going through, and to share reflections from last weekend, and from other aspects of my life.

We all need each other, and we forget.

Wear pjs to dinner, and order wine.  I hope you can relax and enjoy time with your husband, connecting a little.  You two have been through a lot...

I had three grandkids overnight.  We carved jack-o-lanterns.  I like the traditions that define a year.

End of a longish, but nice, weekend...

Love and hugs from Clare



No comments:

Post a Comment