Monday, August 1, 2016

island girl

Hey Island Girl,

Sounds like you are having fun.  Sounds idyllic.

I am getting ready to leave for the west.  I will get on the bus on Saturday.  It has been a drama, but I'm going.  The drama has been my delaying because we don't know what is happening with the potential job and move. But at this point, they are losing hope, and the move probably would not be until after I left anyway.  So it's time to...cut bait and fish?

I'm taking my tablet with me, so I'll meet you here!

We are going to go camping along the last wild river left in the country.

It is feeling like late summer now.  It is dark when I get up again.  I have been going out to pick herbs in the early morning light, but this morning, it was more of a grope around in the dark.  Luckily, I have my landscape memorized!  And in the evenings, I hear crickets and tree frogs - definitely the sounds of late summer.  I can sense autumn. It's all coming too fast!

I have been feeling at loose ends, and so I dove into family history again last night.  I dive, and play in the dates and names, and the history.  When I come up for air, four hours have passed. Last night a separate, logical part of myself was questioning  - Why is this fun? And the best I could figure is that it is like putting a puzzle together.  I see lines and patterns, and I see us embedded in history.

I also found that we are descended from Brian Boru!

Nephew and his girlfriend are getting their own place on September 1.  I will have my house back to myself.  Actually, once he fell for her, I started seeing him once every two weeks or so.  It has been quiet here.  But now I can decide if I want to move back upstairs,.  The big room upstairs was mine, until my youngest came home pregnant, and I decided she needed the extra room.  The downstairs room is convenient in the winter - for getting up in the middle of the night to put wood on the fire. But it is definitely warmer upstairs - a perk for winter.

No matter what, I will have more room for guests. My neighbor has said, repeatedly, once Nephew moves out, someone else is coming right in.

She is usually right.

Did you see my email about the musical near here in October?  Maybe for a sister's weekend?  Any thoughts?  S#4 has not said anything, either, so I sicced S#5 on her!!

Ah, and it's late summer, and I am living on melon. And cucumber!  I love this time of year!

Keep me posted about life on the island...I want to dream!

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment