Thursday, August 4, 2016

challenges

Clare,

I am in paradise and I'm frustrated…
story of my life.

We are not permitted to post the young man on social media for confidentiality reasons.
He is upset that he is not appearing in the photos…
we had a long talk about it…
several times…
but it is a very clearly stated rule with CYS.
He is also going through a lot of angst about not fitting in…
not understanding family jokes…
that sort of thing.
But he isn't willing to sit and listen…
or even sit and just hang out with us. If he's in the house he is sitting with his cell phone plastered to his face…
playing Pokemon Go…
and then he runs out to chase virtual reality critters instead of being with real people.
I may require that he delete the game from his phone…
it's an obstacle to communication with him.
He is really challenging me on this trip. I'm failing the challenge.

My older son's having relationship issues here as well. They both trigger into anger really easily. I have heard more loud arguing and "f" bombs this week than I care to hear in a lifetime. Last night I finally had enough. I went into their room and told them they are free to disagree, but not in a disrespectful manner and not loudly enough for the whole family to hear. It ended with his girlfriend going for a brisk walk at midnight and the boys searching the island for her when she didn't come back.

My youngest likes to climb onto the highest peak of the roof…
yesterday with a beer and call to passing by carts and bikes. He had the young man up there 2 days ago. He was offended when we told him to get down.

DRAMA!
what a pain in the ass all of this is.
I don't think I'm going to do this family vacation again until they are all older and more stable.
I think this is going to be husband and my retreat for the next few years.
Maybe if they don't come for a few years they will appreciate the beauty and magic of the island…
and avoid the drama.

I wish I could just remove all of them without being a b---h…
I want peace and solitude.

I am getting a lot of exercise…
walking, biking, ocean swimming, yoga…
hopefully paddle boarding later today…
I love the weather…
it allows me to be as active as I care to be.

I hope that you have a wonderful trip west. When do you leave?

The house dream has to do with your soul…
what is in the back that is part of your soul that frightens you?
I say go there and see.
Courage sister…

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment