Tuesday, November 8, 2016

unsettled

Clare,
I'm so very sorry about your neighbor's death. I do hope that it was quick and painless.
A few years ago, I was in regular correspondence with my first love…
he would tell me all go the unhealthy choices he made…
diet, no exercise- except in intense spurts, alcohol, extensive travel, stress…
I asked him if he was committing suicide in a way that no one would blame him for.
He was taken aback…
but later admitted that maybe it was true…
at least partially.
Many people are making unhealthy choices, for stress relief or comfort or as a big F you to the universe, on a regular basis. I think that deep down they want to numb- not die. At least that's what I choose to believe.

I had emails with our cousin today- the one with the breast cancer right before mine. She was asking for more details about who is + for the mutation and who has been tested. It is frightening to see the penetration of this mutation in our family. I also asked her if she knew of any communication of this information to Mama's oldest sister's family…she was going to have her dad take care of it.

She told me that she is being screen for colon and thyroid cancers regularly. I have to find out about the thyroid screenings at my next visit.

Today is unsettling. The political climate is so disturbing.
I am thankful that this focus on the negative will soon be behind us…
hopefully.
I hope it does stop…
but a portion of the population has been unbridled and they may not want to be politically correct ever again.
I 'm holding all of us in the Light.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment