Sunday, November 27, 2016

cliche

Hi Sister#2,

S#3 just left a few minutes ago, and I am sitting in the quiet.  We had our annual week-end long Christmas craft fest, this year starring - viruses.  My youngest grandchild had a fever, a cough and general snottiness.  My oldest grandchild had vomiting and a fever - at her other grandma's.  So we mostly didn't have all seven combined grandchildren.  But for a few hours - we did.

As usual, I am a little worried about S#3. She is overwhelmed by those kids.  She fell asleep for a few hours on Saturday afternoon, and I kept everyone quiet for a few hours so she could sleep as long as she needed. Nephew took her grandkids for a walk to help.  Her mood was so improved. I think she needs more breaks.

We did our annual cookie decorating extravaganza.  Her youngest granddaughter has the absolutely uncanny ability to get more candy on one small star cookie than seems humanly possible.  Her creations each weighed about a pound!!

Last night after we had cleaned up the day's mess, we sat down to watch a Hallmark Christmas special, which S#3 loves.  We watched the first half before we both admitted we were exhausted.  But I could tell from the beginning what the story would be.  Country girls moves to city, then finds out country people, and country life are the best.  Arrogant rich men - no. Humble worker - yes.

It was so cliche.

But I started wondering if our lives are cliche. Are there only a certain number of story lines and we pick one and live our cliche lives?  It is not necessarily bad.  Falling in love is pretty wonderful, even if it is cliche...so is having a baby...

A friend remarried when she was just into her 50s.  Newer cliche - on-line dating leads to love and marriage.  She said her wedding would not be anything like anyone else's.  I remembered her words as I saw her come down the open air aisle in a white gown and a veil.

Cliche. But warm and joyous.

I think the wish is Jewish...But I have heard:  May you live in interesting times.

With the chaos, the opening, the Light pouring into our culture and civilization - cliche may be right out the window soon!

Loads of dishes to wash if I can pry my  tired butt off this chair!

How was your holiday?  Did everyone celebrate this year?

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment