Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi Sister...Happy Thanksgiving!!

We had a sweet day. There were just four of us here.  My oldest, Nephew, my ex, and me.  I played with recipes since there were not going to be any young eaters to complain.

I made rye bread of course. I think the recipe came from Grandma's mother, but I remember Grammy making it too.  Either they had similar recipes, or one got the recipe from the other. Nonetheless, rye bread means holidays and traditions and granny-love.

My sons all make the bread now. My daughters are not terribly interested!

I made so much food, we never even got to the salad.  And we shared two tiny slivers of the pumpkin flan I made for dessert...and the dogs each got some too. Everyone was full.

I wish we would have been a little more French, but I let preparations rush up on me.  We started with sweet potato chowder, but the rest of the food was on the table, so we didn't really pause before we moved on.

Next time, pause. Talk.  Enjoy the day.

After dinner we plays Cards Against Humanity.  We have been playing this game on Christmas Eve for the past few years - after the kids go home.  We laugh a lot. And sometimes we shock each other.

Tomorrow S#3 and her gang will arrive and we will have three days of chaos resulting in over-candied gingerbread cookies, and lots of lovely decorations. 

I like it because it has become tradition.  We need tradition.

How was your day?

Hoping you shared lots of love.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment