Wednesday, November 30, 2016

narcissist

Clare,

I think you are right…
if you forgive 70 x 7 times you will be the Light…
shining brightly.

I am trying to concisely describe what is going on with my youngest.
If I hadn't raised him I would swear he was an abused child.
He is a narcissist:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

He cares only about self-preservations and gratification. He struggles with any criticism- adopts a "they're against me" attitude towards anyone that attempts to steer him or discipline him. This is true of teachers, coaches, and husband and I. He is incredibly strong physically and has an impulsive temper. He breaks things out of anger and then does not see any benefit in paying for damages. He panics when he's grounded…and exponentially increases the discipline because he breaks rules just to piss us off. The one, saving grace is that he has a wonderful heart- if he lets it be seen.

He's been breaking rules and telling lies- that he spins as truth- and doesn't think it fair that we are restricting his use of a car. We gave him "one last chance" on Sunday night and last evening he came home 45 minutes late- but it wasn't his fault, his friend was hungry. I would not let him stay home from school today so he made me late for an appointment and then called me a little over an hour later- asking to be picked up because he is sick…he is not. In less than one year he's had 2 accidents and received 2 speeding tickets- everyone else's fault of course

I've had it with being manipulated and abused by this kid. I am seriously considering boarding school to finish out his senior year. I don't even care about success at this point- I just want a break. I'm not sure I can make it to 25….
I love him, but I don't want to live with him anymore.

I'm a terrible momma, right?
I haven't thrown him into the streets yet.
I guess that's one point for me.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment