Thursday, November 3, 2016

allostasis

Clare,
The interesting thing is that life changes with every heartbeat. We cling to status quo and ignore reality…
everything changes constantly…
homeostasis…
allostasis.
Allostasis…that's a word to answer your question about why some quit while others push ahead.
It's the concept that once things get unbalanced…
dysequilibrium…
there is more than one way back to homeostasis…
balance…
which is a dynamic, constantly changing state.

That is amazingly sad. Young life is so precious…
and loss of a young life is difficult to come to terms with.
Maybe your daughter should come and stay at your house for 2 days to ice, heal, be with her babe, and get a break from the trauma…
perhaps a few days away is a way forward for everyone.

I am frustrated with life…
which means I am getting ready for a big change…
I feel like something is going to open…
it's like a pregnancy that is ready to deliver.
So many bits of my life are not working right now…
stagnant…
contentious…
stuck…
I'm not sure what I'm feeling. I do know that something has to change. I cannot continue frustrated.

I took my youngest in for allergy testing today…
his back looked like one contiguous hive after they were done. He was so uncomfortable. He's decided to agree to allergy shots. They had to test to decide what to put into the serum…
or, in his case, what to leave out since he was allergic to almost everything.
Hopefully this will help.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment