Monday, November 21, 2016

Wow that's a lot of thoughts

Clare,

Wow, that's a lot of thoughts.
I applaud and support your intuitively asking if the older had been similarly treated. Most adults would not go there. I am not going to offer certainty in my answers.I would say continue the conversation when it opens again…with both children to hear their sense of this. I would find a time to discuss this with the parents…again letting the spirit guide your words…kind, compassionate words full of empathy. By shining Light onto the actions it takes away the 'badness'…you've made it safe total about and process. You've explained that it is not behavior that builds the other person up- it is the opposite, it diminishes them.
Don't react harshly.
Try to listen to hear their meaning and understanding of what transpired…words from the children, parents, and yourself.
This is exactly what shining the Light into dark corners means. Talking about it in a nonjudgemental way will not add to the drama. You have to check your own biases and lenses before you discuss this though- it is obviously a n emotionally charged subject. If your body physically felt pain you may be too reactive to speak. Give yourself time to figure it out.
You will handle it all right and good…
there is no perfect way.

I had an interesting lunch today. I thought my boss was going to confront me because she thinks I'm staging a coup against her leadership…I went prepared to respond without getting emotional. She sprig on the board president and myself that she thinks we're getting a big, 3 year contract so we can both work full time. I asked if she was willing to work 3 more years full time. She answered yes. What I really wanted to say was, "when did you decide you aren't ready to retire?" I'm so confused. ANyway at this point I go to a full time schedule as of Jan1. This is my first full time job since I was a resident in 1990. That's pretty funny. I still have no idea what the ____ is going on in this situation.
Life is continually challenging us.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment