Monday, November 28, 2016

Forgiving

Hi Maggie,

It was good to hear you on Thanksgiving, too. I made a couple of remarks, no one heard me, so I listened...I was not sure who I was listening to some of the time...but it was nice to hear how much we sound alike.

I am glad you had time with your foster son. And it is awesome that you recognized crisis point and averted a problem.  Is he happy where he is? How is the younger brother doing?

It would be interesting if he got insight from your kids. I wonder what that would do to his perception.  Too often the stories we tell ourselves are totally self-centered.

How many times do we forgive?  As many as it takes, I think...except we don't keep doing the same thing over and over. That stretches back to the definition of insanity.  If someone beats you, you don't forgive them. You forgive them, and let them stay near if they get some counseling, if something changes. Or you forgive them and put space between the two of you so you don't get beaten again.

I think forgiveness may be transformative.  You forgive and you become something new, something aware, something wiser...Or else it is not truly forgiveness.  It is really:  I will allow you to behave badly because I am terrified of being alone.

By the time you have truly forgiven 70 x 7 times, you will be Light, baby!!

I still don't know what the latest crisis with your son is.  I do understand. I prayed long and hard for my youngest son - Please get him to 25.  I have harped a little on Best Friend From College's research...25 is the age when a biochemical change occurs in the brain, and with that comes the onset of adult thinking.

I am getting the fever and congestion crud my granddaughter has been sharing. Her mama is in rough shape too, especially with her congested sinuses.  I have always identified myself as being very healthy. Is this part of aging? Getting sick more often?

LOng day, still catching up on dishes from the weekend!!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment