Friday, June 16, 2017

Still tired

Clare,

The dreams are intriguing...
the house signifies your soul...
excavating within and under that symbol is quite deep.
I will think about them and share insights as they emerge.

I finally have had enough frustration at work that I'm speaking up. I told my boss that I am no longer working weekends and evenings. I will carefully choose if I work during off hours, or not.
I have worked every weekend since May 1...
and I am tired of it.
I love the job I have...
and I love my projects, but I cannot personally support all of them simultaneously.
My committees are not pulling their weight. I am physically doing the work...
I feel likeI am one of the only people who take responsibility seriously...
and I am tired.

Yesterday we were supposed to have an executive board meeting...
but only one persons showed up.
I was so frustrated that I 'said my peace'...
that poor guy got an earful.
He was trying to make me (and my boss) feel better.
The best thing that he did was to listen.
So today we sat down with the president of the board and let him hear all about the frustrations...
he too was taking it personally...
I kept asking him to hear that the frustration was not directed onto him...
it is the whole board that is lacking in engagement and motivation...
much like my committees.
So that leads me to ask "why?"
The groups that I lead tend to get complacent...
Am I too competent?
Am I too controlling?
Do I delegate work fairly and equally?
What am I doing that sends the message that I am handling everything?
How do I say, "I need help here!" before I get overwhelmed.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment