Monday, June 19, 2017

listening to myself

Hi Maggie,

I was looking at my body today, and I flashed back to school.  I worked in a beer garden one summer. The year before the waitresses had worn denim skirts and T-shirts with sandals. My year we had to wear soccer shorts, soccer socks and sneakers.  The shorts were way short.

Every time I had a shift in the garden, I complained about my legs.  I touched them and announced that my legs were really fat.

Today, asI was looking at my legs, I realized my body listened and obeyed.

So it was not only Dad's "fat, dumb and ugly", it was mine...my voice, my words...

Now I'm trying to figure out how to fall back in love with my body...wait...I am rying to figure out how to fall in love with my body.  There is no "back in love"  if I was never there in the first place...

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment