Sunday, September 17, 2017

servants...

Claire,
I am avoiding a gala tonight- sitting quietly in my room. I prefer this type of evening.
When I worked for this association the galas were mandatory...
now I can say, "no thank you".
That is freedom.

I saw a few friends...
shared a few minutes with each...
mostly about work...
this is a professional gathering...
one, dear friend/mentor shared that her husband is in renal failure and starting dialysis...
neither has ever really been sick before...
she is having difficulty navigating the need for help.
She has helped others for her entire, professional career...
and doesn't know how to allow help.

This morning, at Meeting, I was compelled to share a song I used to sing at my Catholic Church...
The Servant Song by Richard Gillard

Will you let me be your servant,
Let me be as Christ to you?
Pray that I may have the grace 
to let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey.
we are brothers  on a road.
We are here to help each other
walk the miles and share the load.

I will hold the Christ-Light for you 
in the night-time of your fears.
I will hold me hand out for you;
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping.
When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joys and sorrows
'Til we've seen this journey through

When we sing to God in heaven,
we shall find such harmony
born of all we've known together
of Christ's love and agony.

Will you let me be your servant,
Let me be as Christ to you?
Pray that I may have the grace 
to let you be my servant, too.


I can't believe I remembered this...
I actually had to pull up the lyrics on my phone because I felt compelled to remember them.
I cannot believe I sang...
but it felt so good!
Sometimes I think the Divine tests- just to see if I am paying attention.

Just my observations-
You are procrastinating.
Be clear with yourself.
You have been called to write...
and you are finding other things to fill your time.
That is OK ...IF you acknowledge what you are doing.
This is an important task...
don't stay away, or busy, for too long. If we ignore our callings them just keep getting louder until we cannot ignore them because of a crisis.
Crisis means to sift- keep what serves...discard what does not.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment