Sunday, September 24, 2017

reveling in chaos

Hi Sister,

You honed right in on that dream.  Funny, for me, the strongest image was of the braids.  I looked them up - an orderly way of thinking.

As always,I have to let it settle.

So about a week ago a friend posted on our favorite social media that a little local off-grid music fest needed cooks.  My friend and I volunteered and did all the cooking for the whole weekend.  I like volunteering because I get to meet everyone.  It pulls me out of my comfort zone of sitting back and watching...

But last night at about 9:30, we started running out of everything.  This year's weather has been so magnificent that more people showed up compared to other years.  So we started bunting and improvising and inventing.

I was having so much fun. I realized I enjoy those moments when everything goes off track, when plans are not exactly as hoped, when chaos enters the game.

Two extra people started cooking, two  ran to the store, someone helped serve...and then amidst all that energy, Gable, a young, male rough coated collie came in the kitchen. Two or three people started chasing him around yelling, "Go.  Get out of the kitchen..."

And I reveled in the absurd.  I was so happy. I was so in my element.

I really wonder who I am!!!

The weekend was so much fun.  I am so totally exhausted.

I will check back when less exhausted and more coherent!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment