Thursday, September 14, 2017

making space

Clare,

I am drowning in busy-ness also. I am trying to keep up with the commitments I've made professionally and realize that, as usual, I am over-delivering on my promised outcomes. That's great for the sponsor, but hard to maintain from my perspective.

I am glad that you will have an adult friend living with you for the winter. It can be a time to talk, laugh, and connect. The critters will add to your world. Just don't let all of that get into the way of your writing. You have to choose the writing as a priority. That is hard to do, but make space for it and let the habit develop.

I am presenting my workshop on childhood adversity on Monday at a state-wide conference for social workers. It is an important message that I feel very passionate about. I am procrastinating my preparation for it. I've given this workshop 4 - 5 times over the past few years, but this time I am somewhat intimidated- not sure why...
Oh well- what will be will be.

I will be tied up until Tuesday, so I probably won't be checking in here. Carry on without me- or collect your thoughts and save them.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment