Thursday, July 13, 2017

will I ever be satisfied?

Clare,

I'm excited for you...
let it flow!

I once decided to tell Mama D about a recurrent dream I'd had as a kid and the meaning I gleaned from it...
she glazed over.
During the same conversation I told her about an experience I'd had...
I was in my kitchen, angry with her about something she failed to acknowledge (birthday or something) and I had this distinct ring in my right ear. I closed my eyes and knew it was Grammy coming through to me...
I clearly received a message, "Don't be so hard on her. You don't know what she's been through."
It was so profound I can still hear it in my head.
Anyway, Mama D was not impressed, at least outwardly.
I came alway from that conversation sorry I disclosed and convinced that I need to choose better who to share my 'insights' with.

I have been promoted in my agency...
but my colleague has told people that nothing has changed except that I will now take on the administrative duties. I'm not sure that I agree with that statement. I have to really consider what kind of a director I want to be. I don't want to assume administrative duties that a secretary could handle (administrative assistant)...I want to lead. The important question is, how do I want to lead- what kind of leader am I? That has to develop over time.

Sometimes I wish I was a stay at home wife with nothing to think about but, dinner, when can I exercise, and when am I hanging out with my friends!
Not really- I tried that for years and felt totally unstimulated and isolated.
I am not sure I will ever be satisfied.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment