Sunday, July 9, 2017

I am going to write!

Hi Maggie,

I am satisfyingly tired. I planted and weeded and mowed and watered.  I remembered to wear my big hat!  And while I worked, I thought...I let my mind wander.

The book is sort of writing itself. Today I will open a brand new document and start it.  We will see where it takes me.

Green wood really needs time to season, or else it just makes smoke.  Maybe this time alone here on this land was my seasoning time...

So when the kids were young, we had two different women move in with us when their marriages ended.  One of them divorced again, and is going to live here again.  She is bringing sheep and rabbits and dogs...can you tell she is one of my fiber friends? - who I actually met at my first meeting about 30 years ago.  I like the company, but I am becoming very aware of how much time I have been spending alone.  And I don't mind being alone at all.

But, you know, it sucks being a single older woman in this country.  Working together helps.

We went to a party last night...my friend, my daughter, my granddaughter, and I.  I can see that married people and single people live in completely different worlds.  Someone who used to come to my current meeting was there with her new husband.  There were two couples about the age of our parents there...I watched how couples stick together. It is different...

I talked to my closest friend here, and she is going to try to be my academic.  She has an MSW, like you. And we agreed, we would see how it goes...

I still have chicks in my office.They are getting bigger. It has to be almost time for them to go out. My sons have partially completed the chicken house...I'll keep you posted.

I was wondering what would happen if you and I and maybe S#3 went to a medium and asked to talk to some of our ancestors. I wonder if we could get the story, and find out exactly what happened to us. And if we did, I wonder if I would trust the info!

Oh, and S#3 said she mentioned some of what happened to S#5...she is wondering if it will get to Mom...I'm not ready for that!

And the last sort of interesting thing I wanted to mention about our day trip last week, was that Mom's dad came through. He talked about some things that happened to me, and let me know he was there with me.  I am not sure why, but it seemed important that I know he is with me.

I think I am probably the only grandchild who physically, experientially remembers him.

I am going to write...send love.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment