Friday, July 29, 2016

preparing

Clare,

Sorry, I've been rushing to get organized for tomorrow's trip…
I've neglected my routines.
I plan on taking my computer along, so I will check in regularly. I hope I have dolphins to report about.
I am stressed, as I usually am prior to a trip.
10 of us going this year…
all of my kids + 2 significant others+ a friend.
I hope it all goes well.

My oldest's significant other is not going along this year…
she is meeting his family near to the island next week for a second week at the beach.
We will miss him…
but he isn't thrilled with our island…
he wants more night life and excitement.
I suggested he might like it more after they have kids and he agreed that is probably true.
I'm trying to invite and welcome their significant others with out forcing family on them.
I hope they come because they feel loved.
Daughter #2 is bringing her boyfriend…
he came along for part of the week last year.
Son #1 is bringing his girlfriend…
her first time to the island and spending a prolonged period with us.
She is very sweet…
seems to have a love/hate relationship with her mom…
she is always sweet and comfortable to be around here…
I am looking forward to having both of them.
My young man is very excited…
he thinks he's been to a beach before…
but cannot really remember it.
I cannot wait to see his face when we get there and the ocean is right there as splendid and vast as his imagination.
He's been isolating again…
avoiding real contact…
going through the motions…
resentful of any suggestions or directives.
We talked about it today.
I think we need to continue the conversation over this next week on neutral territory…
if the island can be considered neutral…
it is magical…
and special.

I had a very strange experience the other night.
My youngest woke me at 2 am…
terrified…
he asked for my help…
told me he had a drug problem and cried, asking for help.
He was having a bad trip…
a lot of paranoia and anxiety…
terrified…
but able to be calmed.
I've never been with anyone who was tripping- good or bad.
I sat with him all night….
slept lightly for about an hour in the wee hours of the morning…
husband found me there…
confused…
I explained…
the youngest has cleared everything out…
he had enough.
I hope it lasts…
I think it will wear off…
but we're ok for now.

Anyway…
I have more to do…

I will check back in on Sunday.
Love and Light beautiful sister.
Maggie

PS- if you want to watch my Quaker interview the link is on the Book of Face. Let me know what you think if you watch. I was asked to come back for an hour talk show with 4 ladies- kind of like the View- in August.



No comments:

Post a Comment