Friday, July 22, 2016

calmer

Clare,

I like the idea of staying serene while waiting in the unknown…
I once tried to read The Cloud of Unknowing…
it was too deep for me…
kind of like St. Theresa of Avila's book about the mansion…
I get to the fourth level and then get lost in it…
I'll revisit it after I am more mature.

Maybe that's what I'm doing here…
maturing…
fire turns green wood into charcoal…
maybe I'm still green and need some drying out…
adversity is a teacher if it's not overwhelming.

I hope all is well out west…
I was wondering about that statement that your D-i-L did not feel 'supported enough' to move back east…
It is confusing because family is east…
but family is complicated…
The Ties That Bind and Gag!

I am trying hard to stay calm…
breathe…
take my time to respond.
My youngest is calmer right now…
he wants a car…
specifically a mustang…
and is on his best behavior right now.
I know it is a manipulation…
but if I can get him to behave well and praise that it is a step forward.
He is amazingly charming when he controls his temper and spitefulness.

I am preparing for vacation.
One week to go. I am really looking forward to this week…
despite all that has happened this past week and a half.
My middle two are fighting over bedrooms…
they are taking their live-in partners and feel they should each get the bedroom with a private bathroom. I think they appreciate whatever bedroom they get…
Maybe I'll take the hammocks and make them all sleep outside (channeling my inner Papa D).
I am looking forward to active time in a beautiful space…
some of which will be alone (my favorite) and some with family.
Husband is already 'calling' a lot of "Maggie time"…
I need to call "Maggie time". He works so much that he craves time together. I am home enough that I crave time alone. He doesn't get it…
makes me feel guilty and then I compromise…
some "Maggie time" when I can slip away…
like taking the recycling to the dumpster.

It would be interesting to get a reading from your neighbor. I love psychic updates. I had to cancel my last reiki appointment- conflicting schedules. I'm disappointed because I wanted to check in with my dog and make sure she is safe and happy on the other side.

If I were going to the festival I would people watch. I love to try to figure out people and their relationships to others. It's not a judgmental thing- kind of like a psych evaluation from afar.
I send good energy to those who catch my attention.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment