Wednesday, August 2, 2017

empty nesting

Clare,

I'm preparing for my empty nest...
seems like a short time ago I was nesting in preparation for my babies.

It is a really important transition.
I find myself trying to plan...
and then gathering stuff...
organizing stuff...
and then being really angry because my youngest wants to use the stuff I've planned, gathered, and organized!
I think this is a ploy to make me happy to leave him 2300 miles from home.

Less than 2 weeks.
That is hard to believe.
I've been through so much with this one.
I'm sure he's going to push me even more in the future.
The difference is that now I will have to help him to help himself...
no more rescues...
at least not emergent rescues.

I wonder if you are busy writing your story. Is that why you aren't writing here?
There is the beginning of a post from you over a week ago...
unfinished...
I worry that something pulled you away and has you too busy to check in.
I pray that all is well in your home and life.

My puppy has added much needed laughter back into my days.
He wakes me up...
frequently at night...
usually before dawn...
but we wake and walk and play and laugh together.
I have not sat to meditate since he arrived in June.
I have not sat to journal since his arrival either.
But I am laughing and enjoying his spirit and personality...
I am in the moment with him...
that's a pray in itself.
He brings joy into our home.
We all agree on loving him.
Well...except the cats...they are beginning to tolerate his slobber and clumsy paws trying to play with them.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment