Monday, August 21, 2017

Just a day...

Welcome home...and I am so happy you came home to joy!  Congratulations, to you Mama, and to my lovely niece.

I had a wise friend, he died almost two years ago. He said that when the Europeans set foot here, a squirrel could travel from the Atlantic to the Mississippi without touching the ground.  The tree canopy was so dense, so contiguous. We are a forest species who fears the forest and so we try to conquer.

One of my favorite author/activists, Derick Jensen, says that once a forest has been clear cut three times, it will not return. Most of the Earth was once forested. Now I can think of so many places stripped and raped in the name of...wiping our butts, maybe.

I think you know I have chickens...all named Cinderella by my granddaughter.  Tonight I had to put them to bed alone. I chased them for about 45 minutes.  I haven't had such an effective aerobic workout for years.  I got mad, called them some unFriendly names, came inside and priced fencing!  There were 6 who just wouldn't cooperate.  I kept them moving so they wouldn't think staying up past their bedtime was a big treat.  I finally got 5 in. Then there was the last one. I came inside until almost dark.  I went back out and he was patiently waiting for me, siting on the ground right in front of the door.  I reached down, picked him up, looked him in the eye and told him he was a big a**hole, and put him to bed.

I'm a real farmer!

I am glad your youngest is settled.  I hope he finds himself at school. I remember when I went to university, I was able to reinvent myself. I was much happier there than I had ever been at home...

Today was the eclipse. I am wondering what it brings.  They all have been so potent for the past few years. 

I remain open...I'll let you know what comes!

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment