Monday, April 30, 2012

Never Alone

We are not alone...despite the deafening silence from around us. I am here, will be here for you whenever you need me.

I am not convinced that you need to fear though. As once stated,"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

I read in A Course in Miracles this morning that fear is the opposite of love and that love is All. So fear only exists in our minds, it is our measly creation. We cling to the belief that our perceived darkness is in fact hiding the feared object or incident...The second part of this though is to be willing to hide nothing, when you hide nothing you escape fear.
Further, by recognizing that we are Love and Light , we conquer fear.

As a victim, we are taught to trust no one, especially not ourself...hide the secrets...pretend to be normal...deny the pain and confusion. Finding our voice in that fearful climate was the beginning. Living Out Loud, in the Light is the only way to conquer fear.

I have the expectation that we are moving forward, not back to the time of pain and loneliness. I expect that some others will join us on our journey.They are always welcome. I trust that Truth will pervail.

Thomas Merton wrote about the spiralling jouney of our lives. We move ahead, but in a spiralling pattern. Each time we traverse the spiral we revisit themes in our lives. but we percieve them differently because we hopefully have newly acquired insights and spiritual maturity. I have spiralled around childhood sexual abuse many times over my lifespan. Each time I am stronger and more able to understand and process the events. I am still a LONG way from finished, but I am distant enough from the physical pain to trust moving forward.
Trust Truth,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment