Sunday, April 15, 2012

The miracle of the loaves and fishes

Clare,

You speak of being broken hearted...it made me think of the miracle of the loaves and fishes.

When Jesus was confronted by the crowds of hungry people he took simple loaves of bread and fish.
The miracle was not in that bread...it was in the breaking of the bread...it was in the trust that there would be enough to nourish...it was the intention of abundance...it was in a state of vulnerability.

When the argument of circumcision was brought to Jesus...whether his followers had to be circumcized...he said that what was necessary was a circumcision of the heart...a breaking open of the heart that would make them whole. Perhaps this heart break is a blessing.

The wall that has encolsed my heart is falling away...no longer necessary to protect me from the world. I choose to be vulnerable in a world that is closed hearted. I will continue to expose those raw places that my psyche has tried unsuccessfully to protect.

I believe that you and I are resilient, we are walking a journey of truth. By breaking open our "loaf"  perhaps a miracle will follow. Only time will tell.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment