Sunday, April 22, 2012

I remember when I was just beginning to learn about dysfunctional families.  I saw a statistic that said 96% of families were dysfunctional.   I wanted to see that 4%.  I really longed to see normal, to have some idea of what we should look like after we do the work. 

What strikes me about overeating versus fasting is that overeating is out of control.  Perhaps we are the people who roll with whatever happens to us.  We accept the chaos, the abuse, we just get through life and cope with whatever happens.  Fasting is the utmost expression of absolute control.  Some of us respond to chaos by trying to control every detail of every situation.  I wonder how we end up on the get tossed around versus control everything divide?

I don't feel in control of anything.  I wait to see what will happen.  I wait to be asked.  I rarely tell others what to do and I rarely direct situations.

Does normal exist?  I suppose it does if we get to define or identify normal.  I want healthy, vibrant, alive, fun, connected, joyful...no normal for me!

-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment