Saturday, April 28, 2012

missing Peace

Yes, an older sister will do  and I love and appreciate your love and support.

When I wrote The Missing Peace my arranger and friend said, "this is so sad, are you sure you want to sing this?" She was struck by the opening...

Like an orphan standing all alone
There has always been a loneliness.
Somethings missing, Oh there's something wrong
Left with a sense of helplessness...

I believe that becoming the orphan has saved me and my children from this legacy.
Being an orphan freed me from "buying" into the family secrets and patterns.
It has taken me a long time to break the silence, but it has been my intention to do so for an even longer long time.
I do understand that I walk (we walk) forward. I trust that the others are silently growing. I just have little patience.

The end of The Missing Peace says...

If the request is to abandon it all
Have I courage to answer that call
So afraid to give all that I know...

Trust will be the key.

God is working...the Light permeates even the darkest corners. I need to trust.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment